A short lesson (Dr.Subramanian Narayanan)
A mouse was placed at the top of a jar filled with grains. It was so happy to find so much food around him that no longer he felt the need to run around searching for food. Now he could happily live his life. After a few days of enjoying the grains, he reached the bottom of the jar.
Suddenly, he realize that he was trapped and he couldn't get out. He now has to fully depend on someone to put grains in the jar for him to survive.
He now has no choice but to eat what he's given.
A few lessons to learn from this:
1. Short term pleasures can lead to long-term traps.
2. If things come easy and you get comfortable, you are getting trapped into dependency.
3. When you are not using your skills, you will lose more than your skills. You lose your CHOICES and FREEDOM.
4. Freedom does not come easy but can be lost quickly.
5. NOTHING comes easily in life and if it comes easily, maybe it is not worth it.
Don't curse your struggles. They are your blessings in disguise.
Het leven bestaat uit pieken en dalen en een vlak leven is volgens mij niet te ambiëren. Het raakt mij als een soort kernwaarheid.
Wat doet het jou? Dit simpele verhaaltje? Herkenning of kan je er niets mee?